Jun. 30, 2020
Shock wave principle and application overview
During World War II, people observed that the lung tissue of the person killed by the torpedo was severely traumatized, but the body was not damaged and a special sound wave of shock wave was discovered. In the following decades, people began to systematically study the phenomenon of shock waves. It was found that the shock wave in the water can break the gypsum block. The use of shock waves has the advantage of less trauma to bone tissues but greater effect on deep tissues. In the 1970s, it was used in clinical medicine to crush urinary stones. In 1983, the first extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy was introduced.
Since then, people have become more and more interested in this non-invasive treatment. In the late 1980s, the study found that shock wave, while treating kidney stones, did not damage the hip bone tissue, but it could induce the potential osteogenic effect of osteoblasts from microscopic histology.
Gradually, people transferred the special effect of shock wave, which can activate tissue regeneration, to the treatment of diseases of the orthopedic system. In the 1990s, shock wave noninvasive treatment of poor fracture healing and femoral head necrosis began to emerge. Shockwave treatment began to spread in the orthopedic field.
In recent years, people have used low- and medium-energy shock waves, and have received good results in the treatment of tendon-bone lesions, tendinitis and tendinopathy. The advent of Shockwave Therapy Equipment, specifically for muscle and soft tissue systems, has brought new hope to the field of orthopaedic sports medicine.
Pain Relief Machine
Shock wave biological function
Shock wave is a special kind of sound wave. It accelerates the wave by applying high pressure within a few nanoseconds, the waveform changes, and then suddenly releases to produce huge energy. The extracorporeal shock wave device is a kind of pulsed sound wave with high voltage strength, short time and wide frequency, which is generated by hydraulic, piezoelectric or electromagnetic generators. The direct mechanical shock effect of the sound wave and the mechanical effect generated indirectly by cavitation cause the human body Changes in tissues and cells to achieve a therapeutic effect.
Main therapeutic effect
1. Induces micro-trauma in local tissues, thereby stimulating the body to produce a healing response. The healing process causes angiogenesis and increases local nutrition supply, thus stimulating the repair process and ultimately alleviating symptoms;
2. When the shock wave is transmitted in the human tissue, because the tissue contains a large number of tiny bubbles, the bubbles expand rapidly under the action of the shock wave, which can accelerate the microcirculation of the affected tissue, open the physiologically closed microvessels, and accelerate the capillary microcirculation , Increase cell oxygen absorption function, improve local tissue microcirculation, and finally achieve the purpose of promoting soft tissue healing;
3. Excessive stimulation of pain sensory receptors prevents subsequent impulse transmission, thereby relieving pain, or by directly inhibiting nerve endings, changing the frequency of nociceptor acceptance of pain and the composition of surrounding chemical transmitters, etc. To the mitigation effect;
4. Enhance the expression levels of transforming growth factor, vascular endothelial growth factor, endothelial cell-type nitric oxide synthase, proliferating cell nuclear antigen, etc., which are related to vascular regeneration, thereby promoting the repair of local diseased tendon cells.
In the field of orthopaedic sports medicine, shock wave therapy has been widely used in the treatment of tennis elbow, Achilles tendinitis, Achilles tendinopathy, patellar tip disease, calcific tendinitis and other systemic tendon bone lesions and tendinopathy, such diseases At one time, orthopedics and sports traumatologists had a headache and thorny problem.
The treatment principle and process of pain relief machine is different from traditional physiotherapy and localization, and the treatment method is no longer the traditional thermal and magnetic principle. Its good tissue permeability is the guarantee of its efficacy. The patient is non-invasive during the treatment, without skin trauma, no need to worry about bleeding and infection, or side effects of hormone drugs.
1. Foot pain: plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinopathy (end disease), Achilles tendinitis
2. Knee pain: patellar tendinopathy, patellar tendinitis, goose foot tendinitis, iliac tibial bundle friction syndrome
3. Elbow pain: external epicondylitis of humerus (tennis elbow), internal epicondylitis of humerus (golf elbow)
4. Shoulder pain: calcific rotator cuff tendonopathy, acromion bursitis
5. Calf pain: anterior tibia pain, chronic gastrocnemius strain
6. Lateral thigh pain: greater trochanteric bursitis
7. Other chronic injuries of soft tissues such as chronic myofascial pain
1. Overall taboo
People with severe heart disease, arrhythmia and high blood pressure
Severe medical diseases such as heart, lung, liver, kidney and other important organ dysfunction
Patients with various tumors and thrombosis
People with bleeding disorders and coagulopathy
Patients using anti-immune drugs
2. Local taboos:
Acute injury of tendon and fascia
Patients with local infection and skin ulceration
Local skin lesions, allergies
The focus is on important organs (brain, spinal cord, lung tissue, etc.) and important neurovasculature
Adolescent epiphyseal chondroitis